Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hostage- Rescue Mission

Next time the sniper will do his job..

Dropping from the chopper

Help I've fallen and I can't get up


                                                                                     What I think about it
One of my favorite DOS games. In this game you take on the role of a marksmen dodging bullets on his way to his position, then a three man tactical team infiltrating the building to eliminate all resistance (you can also silently take all the hostages out, but where's the fun in that?) The only downside to this game is its length, (took me an average of ten minutes to finish it...twice) but overall it's a great game. This one's also pretty old, you wont be finding this in any stores, though it can be acquired for free as it is abandonware. Get it here.

Specifications:
Will typically run on any operating system from 98 and earlier, but have no fear!
With Dosbox you can run almost all DOS programs on the more modern systems. You can get it here.


all Images used taken from http://www.abandonia.com

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoy old DOS games. It is nice to come across someone else that seems to appreciate them as well. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really miss old DOS games. Rise of the dragon being on of my favorite. Oregon Trail is another good one. I'd suggest you try either of them out if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have played the Oregon Trail, but I'll have to check out Rise of the dragon! It's just too bad they don't make games like they used to. Now it's all about high end graphics and visuals instead of gameplay...which really gets on my nerves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I remember playing some cascading RPG story WWAAYYY back in the day on a 8-floppy disc set.

    ReplyDelete